The Journey

Dec 2, 2011

Welcome to blogging, braxton

So, here I am with my very own blog! 
Where to start? 

Thankfulness! I am thankful for the internet- seriously- and to all of the sewer's who have blogged before me! June 2009, I dusted off my sewing machine, and thanks to my good friend, Josie and a simple bib pattern, I got hooked!  I will be forever grateful to Dana at www.dana-made-it.com for her simple tutorials and easy-to-understand techniques. I have never bought a McCall's pattern and because of sites like MADE and Prudent Baby, I'll never have to! 

And that's why I'm here- I want to teach a new generation how to sew! I want the young mamas who want to make cute bibs and burp cloths and pants and dresses to be able to! Lovies and toddler skirts and monster plushies are fun and easy to make! It is so much fun to make something and give it away. It's like a little piece of you being shared with the world. 

I have a lot more to say, but the bottom line is- it's the perfect time for me to start blogging... it's DECEMBER 1st! Officially, my favorite season of the year has begun. I have been making Christmas gifts since I was in junior high, and now that I can sew, the possibilities are endless. I will post "non-sew" gifts as well as those that need a machine. But the best part is that you can find someone to give any of them to! 

Happy making...and giving!





No comments:

Post a Comment